2.26.2007

a great way to connect and facebook

after much complaining about it, i've joined facebook. why you ask? well, because everyone is going it. and if i remember anything from highschool peer-pressure, it's just easier to give in. i've spend a little time on the site now, and well it's a good time, but nothing like actually talking to my friends or have a drink with them. but give me some time, this thing may grow on me.

i just had a great conversation with a new co-worker. she was asking about living downtown, she lives with her parents in mississauga, and the need for some new friends. i just mentioned that i met alot of good friends from the church that i started going to when i moved to toronto. i always love hearing the next comment from a co-worker. 'oh really, i'm christian too.' it's great to make that connection at work. in the end, she's going to come to a service in the next couple weeks. sweet.

3 comments:

Matt said...

I've been liking Facebook since joining a couple weeks ago. I've found a bunch of people who I haven't seen in a while, and I think that's what it's good for... another method of keeping/getting back in touch with people. Not so much to make internet friends. I was actually surprised that you weren't already on there when I found out about it... I don't know why exactly.

girl said...

You so totally gave in because I said so. Admit it.

You sooo did.

:)

marty said...

yes, there it is. the truth. it was all felicity. she's making me cool.