9.10.2008

a childhood friend


buying a nintendo wii really has brought back some great childhood memories. i remember my pre-teen years as play outside, skateboarding, making forts in the local ravine and stealing matches to start fires ... hey, we all did it. right???
i guess i just forgot about the hours upon hours that i spent playing video games on the family atari 3600 and later our NES.
having a video game system again has been great so far, and last night i was re-introduced to a childhood friend, mario.
felicity and i picked up super mario galaxy on monday night (after finding a futureshop gift card in the mail from our aeroplan points).
i only played through two of the possible 120 stars that you can collect in the game. first impressions, this is one awesome game. the basic game play is on a collection of small planets/asteroids. like 'le petit prince', which is another great childhood memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried this one yet. I'd love to borrow it sometime. However, I too have been reintroduced to Mario. I downloaded the original Super Mario Brothers for NEW onto my wii.

I haven't beat it yet. Someday I hope to achieve my former greatness by beating it without losing a life.

marty said...

in rez, we had a contest to see who could finish the whole game in under 2 minutes (real-time, not the time on the game clock).