9.12.2008

my lunch ... sucked

it takes alot for me to upset when eating out. i've been a dishwasher in a restaurant in high-school and have seen the pains and troubles it can take to serve food to a busy dining room. i've had the wrong food served to me, and sometimes i just eaten the food that they brought on mistake. i've sat for over an hour to have vegaterian meal come out, no big deal. but today's lunch was one of the worst experiences that i've had in a long time.

i asked around work to see who would like to go for lunch. i got a good response so a half-full of us went to the local pub. after sitting for 50 minutes we started talking about how we hadn't our appretizers yet. they came but the waitress never once asked if we would like a second drink after sitting for a hour. at about 80 minutes our lunches came. i ordered a club sandwich with ham and brie from the specials menu, but little did i know there was an extra special ingredient in my sandwich. shortly after taking my first bite, my sandwich very quickly found it's way to the inside of a napkin, as i discovered that my club sandwich came with a slice of pineapple.

if you know me, you most likely know i HATE pineapple. much like coffee, i just don't eat it at all. i was amazed that it wasn't included in the list of ingredients that would be different on this special club. they listed ham in lieu of the bacon and brie instead of cheddar cheese. but to not list the pineapple?!?!?!?!?

who puts pineapple on a club sandwich ... seriouly!!!!



P.S. - I googled pineapple to find this picture ... and found this website. wow!!!
This one reminds me of someone bachelor party. any guess's on who's????

1 comment:

LMW said...

There are some serious food allergies to pineapple out there... that's kind of reckless to not add it in the ingredient list. Tisk.