3.29.2009

thanks for NOT coming to see the junior boys with me last night (except robbie j.)

Robbie J. and I went to the MOD Club last night to see the Junior Boys and the opening band (or artist) Max Tundra. I've had a disappointing week with the Junior Boys when their new album was delayed a week, so I couldn't listen to it before the show. Boo to that.
Max Tundra is on the same label as the Junior Boys, and also has a new album out. I would describe Max Tundra as a mix of rave style electronic with musical theatre vocal stylings. AKA not that very good.
After a short break of some good house music from the club DJ the main act was on at 9:00pm. They started out with their new single "Hazel" which I've heard on their myspace page. After a couple songs from their last album and two more new songs, the lead singer told us that they only have 5 more minutes. The club was opening that night after the show. So they played their hit song "In The Morning" and left the stage to a great applause from a crowd that wanted more. The house lights didn't come up so I was hopefully that this short, 45 minute, set was not the end. After a couple minutes of applause from the crowd ....... the house music came back on ..... WHAT THAT'S IT. The applause quickly turned to BOOO's. So I was home by 10:15 (and I stop at the grocery store on the way).
So truly, thank you for NOT coming to see the Junior Boys last night. I don't blame the band for the short show, I looking to the club and booking manager.

No comments: